Thursday 19 April 2012

A little update...

Well I have nothing much to report on the fishy front I’m afraid, a bad back caused by lifting things incorrectly at work meant that last weekend was spent resting up, thinking about fishing, but not actually doing any. I have, however, been preparing things for forthcoming trips, namely France next weekend. Rob and I are due to set sail on Friday 27th and are spending a week at the beautiful Moulicent in Normandy. And I have to tell you, I really can’t wait. Everything is just about ready, lists checked and double checked, but the time is really dragging now that’s it’s getting so close.

There have only been two parties on so far this year as the place is closed over the winter period, and so far things are fishing quite slowly, although the odd fish is coming out and at a great average weight. The weather conditions aren’t helping with rain and temps of minus one overnight, so I guess winter tactics are still the way forward. But looking at long range forecasts we could be in luck for our week, although a lot can change so we’ll have to see what happens when we get there.
Redmire is another trip on my thought radar, a week in July is every anglers dream, but that what I have, and I’m sharing it with three very good friends, so whatever the fishing may be like that week, I’m sure it will be a time to remember. On this trip, and due to securing the whole pool during phone wars day, I wanted to take three passionate anglers along for the ride, three who knew all about Redmire’s history and charm, but had never actually experienced it, for I believe everyone should at some point if they can!

So that’s it for now, short and sweet but a little insight in what’s been happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment